Monday, May 22, 2006

Finland rebooted

Shock and euphoria in Finland after the Eurovision Song Contest. All you Europeans out there must know what I'm talking about, and the rest of you don't care... But the entire world view of the average Finn has been turned upside down. We don't know quite what to do with ourselves today. Winning the Eurovision has always been the measure for the ultimately impossible. So what do you do when the impossible happens? Should you make good on the promises you made all those times you said with a sneer: "When Finland wins the Eurovision I'll shave my head/ get a job in the Antarctic/ marry you."

Go the latex monsters! The next few weeks should be very interesting. The natural order of things has been reset to zero.

Hell is now officially frozen over.

6 comments:

Prince K. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Prince K. said...

Ok... Me ain't no European, and definitely, me no know Eurovision contest.... And wilt thou in sooth shave thy head?
Alarond told me about your previous post.... you are a great writer....
And thanks for visiting.
I won't be spending time online. But on the 200th post, I'll real-time-chat with all the people who visit my blog. Just you wait!
Oh and plus, How do you manage to make your blog appear nice in both Firefox as well as Internet Explorer?

Different Pen said...

Greetings from a newly bald PianoPoet! No, not really, not shaving my head... I shamefully decided to break all those promises, hoping nobody remembers them. Thanks for that nice comment (not that not all your comments are nice)!

As for my blog layout... me no know... I just use one of blogger.com's standard layouts, I'm one of those people who are amazed when they press a button and the machine makes a picture or a noise.

Prince K. said...

Oh darn...(You know i am a comp. geek}... I thought you played a happy tune in G Major..... and then the thingee works.... anyway.
In any case, I are posting in Fealdamar, but Me has temporarily taken over things in the_One {OOOPS, i enslaved him....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH} the_{enslaved}one's blog. I was testing a secret post for my 200th Post Celebration {sort of}

Prince K. said...

Oh you've seen the_one's blog right? Now I can actually hand over control back to him.... {Full story later}

Different Pen said...

Can't wait to hear the full story...