Monday, April 14, 2008

the risks of life and Thai soup

Snow and hot springtime sun.
I have received some information that I really didn't need or want, and other information that made me giggle like a maniac.
Sunday lunch at a hotel.
A new friend.
Dipped my purse in Thai soup.
A highly distressing disagreement in the family that almost made me run screaming out of the room and never return.
I have realised that there are some things your near and dear ones will never understand or accept about you.
And that you can never fully trust anyone, not even those you really, really want to be perfect and never let you down.

But that's OK. As long as I know. And as long as I still have hope and dare to try. Yes, it is a cliché but it is true: loving is worth the risk.

PS: I ate the Thai soup after dipping my purse in it. It was still tasty and my purse only smells a little of lemon grass.

3 comments:

Prince K. said...

"loving is worth the risk."

I believe so.

Aruni RC said...

May sound morbid but I believe we're all alone at the end of the day: sometimes you are alone with others. And sometimes you are alone by yourself.

Often wondered why cliché became cliché. Maybe because they did have some amount of veracity. It's always worth the risk. Always.

Lucid Darkness said...

Trying. And taking risks... makes life a lot more interesting and enriched than simply sitting still. :)

And yes, lemon grass smells nice, methinks.