Thursday, March 01, 2012

the supermarket where Superman shops

So many pictures in this blog nowadays. It used to be a plain-text, boring old blog. Shouldn't really overdo it.

I just fell in love with pictures this winter.

To balance all the pretty dreamy images, here is kitchen-sink-realism: A mugshot of the supermarket where I reluctantly go to shop for eggs and bread. The one with the unbelievable queues to the check-outs, which give you time to study all the normal and weird people around you. The other day, an old man couldn't find all the euros he needed to pay for his groceries and an impatient businessman in the queue behind him stepped in to pay the balance. That never happens in cold-hearted, cold-climate Finland. When the old man tried to thank him, the businessman actually said: "Pay it forward." I almost proposed to him on the spot.

1 comment:

Different Pen said...

Dear spammer,

I am moved by your concern for my home environment but you really should not encourage my budding alcoholism any further.

Kind regards,
PianoP