Saturday, August 13, 2016

be your cup of coffee

"She took a deep breath, tossed back her hair, and said:

'It’s strange. No amount of coffee will take away the tired. I think I’ll always feel tired. Maybe we will forever feel like that. Like the sun won’t get quite high enough to warm me the way I want, like the leaves will forever make too much noise under my boots, like the touch of someone else’s skin won’t make me feel less alone. I think we need to start waking up on our own. Books won’t shake the sleep from my eyes. Friends can’t tell me the meaning behind the stars and the dust. I guess I have to find it for myself, and I wouldn’t want it any other way. But I like the way you stand next to me. A forever reminder that you are trying to wake up too. I’ll be your cup of coffee. I’ll be your hand to hold. Even if the stars don’t make sense, at least that does.'

In that moment, I decided I like when she breathes in deep." 

(Brother Stories, Tumblr)

No comments: