Thursday, August 18, 2016

fretting tonight

I don't want to help people. I'm too tired.

I don't want to be a role model. Or maybe I do, but apparently you can't if you prefer a life with freedom and wine to having children.

I don't want to hear people tell me how important family is. It hurts when your own family is too far away, geographically or emotionally, and there isn't much you can do about it.

I don't want to be told I should stop being bitter, reserved or self-pitying. It's about as helpful as telling a cancer patient to stop being sick.

Above all, I don't want to fret about all of the above so much.

4 comments:

Aruni RC said...

you write.
that is enough.
isn't it?

Different Pen said...

Yes. And sometimes to realise that someone is reading it. So thank you!

Aruni RC said...

From experience I have come to realize that a comment from an old reader is worth half a dozen merry chinwags when the skies turn as grey as sidewalks. Thank you, for your visits too.

Different Pen said...

Very true. Your visits here always warms my heart! (And I don't say that lightly.)