Monday, October 30, 2006

they always appear on Monday mornings

Some people are idiots. Idiots! How lucky I am to get one of them as my first Monday morning interaction. A student emails me her 50-page-thesis and asks me to language-check it for tomorrow. Tomorrow. As if my desktop wasn't already full of stuff that is due tomorrow. She mentions in passing that she tried to email it to me weeks ago but I might not have received it as her email program has been acting up. No, really? And she didn't think to check with me?

I take a sinful pleasure in telling her "no way". Not even this week unless I happen to take mercy on her. And I don't feel particularly merciful on a Monday morning.

At least there is lunch with my sister to look forward to.

1 comment:

Prince K. said...

Well, at least there is someone else who doen't feel nice on Monday Mornings.....
Blah!

Ah well, I take pleasure in announcing...
| am back./.