Friday, March 28, 2014

one of Paulo's best

Veronika Decides to Die. A great title for a remarkable book, and I was pleased to find that it is not bad as a film, either.
I rarely watch films these days, for some reason. I blame our information-overload society, which has made me as scatter-brained as everyone else. Films seem just... too long.

But I sat through this one when it was on television the other day. Spellbound.

And for some other strange reason, I always read Coelho's books with some reluctance. Usually as a result of some friend pushing one at me. I wouldn't pick them out of the library shelf for myself.

But I have never read a bad or uninteresting novel by Paulo Coelho. The one about Veronika is probably my favourite.

The day after watching the film, I didn't turn my computer on for most of the day. Instead, I went out, had a great lunch, felt the sun on my face, read a book. Enjoyed life.

(Picture from Wikipedia)

No comments: