Monday, March 10, 2014

time to turn at Beauty's glance

Monday morning and I try to work out what to do with my day now that there's no job to go to.

The plan for today includes picking up a parcel containing my new boots, eagerly anticipated. Have coffee with my mother and sister. Stop by the unemployment office to get some more forms to fill out ( necessary evil ). Maybe indulge my guilty pleasure and do another round hunting for treasures at the flea market. Be out on the town and do some people-watching. All these things I never seemed to have energy for when working full-time.

Before that, I will stay on my sofa for a few minutes more, finishing my mug of coffee and watching the first migrating birds returning to the bay.

One part of me, usually cowering behind the anxiety, is happy to finally have time to watch the birds and the bay.


( Title from W.H.Davies' poem "Leisure" )

No comments: